[TRNSYS-users] type 17's question

Dear trnsys users,

Type 17 models a cascaded waste heat recovery system, e.g. only two heat exchangers in the system, one is as a primary heat exchanger and another is as a secondary heat exchanger. The mode of two heat exchangers are all assumed to counter mode.

I think the effect of type 17 is equal to two type 5. So I use two type5b(counter heat exchanger) instead of a type 17 and the connection between two type 5b is given as: the output 3 and 4 of a type 5 as the secondary heat exchanger in type 17 are connected to the input 1 and 2 of another type 5 as the primary heat exchanger in type 17; and the output 3 and 4 of a type 5 as the primary heat exchanger in type 17 are connected to the input 1 and 2 of another type 5 as the secondary heat exchanger in type 17. The other parameters in two type 5 are set the same as the corresponded parameters in type 17.

But the results from two type 5 are quitely different of the one from a typ! e 17. Maybe my thought is wrong, but anyone can tell me the reasons about my question?

Kind regards!

Dapeng

Windows Live Writer,支持离线撰写博客内容,随时随地想写就写。 立即使用!