Re: [TRNSYS-users] External parameter files and TRNOPT

Dear Abdullahi,

I am using a component that reads some of its parameters from an external parameter file. I am looking for the best way to carry out optimisation of some of the inputs/parameters. I have the following questions if someone will kindly help,

   1. Is there any way to carry out a series of simulations that will
      read a number of external parameter files and give results for
each simulation run?
You can run series of simulations in TRNEdit, using a parametric table. Please go to the manual, Volume 7, and read the section for 'Parametric Runs'.

   1. Is it possible to use TRNOPT to optimise parameters included in
      an external file?

I would recommend that you take a look at the tutorial for 'Using GenOpt with TRNSYS 16 and Type 56'. The implementation can be extended to what you want to do: modify some parameters in a text file and optimize it using GenOpt.
http://sel.me.wisc.edu/trnsys/demos/index.html#GenoptType56

   1. If  2 above is possible, is it also possible to carry out such
      optimisation when one of the parameters is determined by the
      node meshing and defined by the parameterisation in the external
      file?

I would modify the program that writes the parameters so it also calculates the additional parameter.

Best regards,

Diego

--
Diego A. Arias