Re: [TRNSYS-users] thermal bridge

Hi Nicola,

nicola wrote:
Dear all,
I'm modelling a wall wit a thermal bridge effect.
I found a bug in TRNBuilt :
1. If I put the value of resistence equal to xxx (hmK/kJ) in the layer manager, the program create a wall with a U-value expressed in kJ/h m^2K and a resistence equal to xxx in hm^2k/kJ!!!
Thanks for finding this bug. I think it is only a problem of displaying the units. The resistance should be entered in h m^2K /kJ, and not h m K /kJ. When you check on the 'Layer type manager', the resistance is shown in h m^2K /kJ.
2. the u-value of a wall with thermal bridge effect is lower than the same wall without thermal bridge effect.
The u-value displayed in the 'Wall type manager' is calculated by adding two reference heat transfer coefficients to the wall (7.7 and 25 W/m^2 K).

Best regards,

Diego

--
Diego A. Arias