Re: [TRNSYS-users] type 109 internal interpolation

Dear David,

If you follow the explanation in the mathematical reference (Volume 5 - Mathematical reference), the mode in Type109 that reads a user-written weather data allows for three options for interpolation: 'No interpolation', 'Linear interpolation' and 'Five point spline interpolation'.

When Type109 reads a TMY2 data file, it uses the 'Five point spline interpolation'. It is based on this paper: Hiroshi Akima, Interpolation and Smooth Curve Fitting Based on Local Procedures, Communications of the ACM, October 1972, Vol. 15, No. 10, pp. 914-918

Best regards,

Diego

David Garcia wrote:

Dear trnsys-users,

I´m using type 109 for reading a TMY2 file with hourly data, but the simulation time step is 0.6 hours.

I would like to know which interpolation procedure does this type use to generate climate data at hours that are not given in the TMY2 file.

Thanks very much in advance.

David García Menéndez

Ing. Industrial

Dpto. de Física