Re: [TRNSYS-users] type 9 problem

Title: Message
Dear Stefan and Constanze,

Thanks, Stefan, for answering this question. But I am afraid that there is a mistake in your explanation.

Concerning the first question, I think the problem is that trnsys only accepts timesteps which have a value of 2^n, in which n is an integer (pos. or neg.) value. You could try 2^-4 (0.0625).

There is not such limit in TRNSYS.  You can use any value of time step, for example 3.14159 and it will work.
However, some components have constraints on the relation between internal variables and the simulation time step.  Type9 is one of them.
Constanze, I suggest that you check the value of the time step and the value of the parameter 4 in type9:
- Set parameter 4 to 0.0833 h, (i.e., 5 min).
- Then, you can use as time step a fraction of this number, such as 0.0833, 0.04165, 0.02777, 0.02082 (... Parameter4 / n where n is an integer).

Please let me know if this works.
Best regards,

Diego

Attached you find an example of type 9. Put it in My documents together with the scheme.txt. I hope it’s useful

Good luck

stefan