Re: [TRNSYS-users] pv tracking mode 2

Dear Javier,

I can help you with your second question, although I do not know if I fully understand it. In tracking mode 2, the module has a constant slope, and the azimuth used by the tracker is the solar azimuth angle. Therefore, the input 'Azimuth of surface' is not used during the calculations. I hope this helps. I will appreciate if someone with more expertise on the design of solar arrays can help Javier with the first question.
Best regards,

Diego

javier mota wrote:
Dear all:
I am javier mota nfrom 3i.
may suppose  tracking mode 2; vertical axis.
weather: albacete, spain
i have fouund taht optimal slope is 55º to get maximum radiation.
But i have read that Usual values for slope are: slope=latitud to optimize pv electriciy generation with one tracking vertical axis or even values for spain=30º
Latitud albacete=38º
may i think that for a pv installation, with a lot of pv trackers, 55º is the optimun angle? And a second thing, in mode trackin 2 : the angle is the angle between the horizontal line, looking azimuth of the tracker and the a line containd in the module wich joined the center of the tracker with tne center of the horizontal lower line wich limits the rectangle of the pv module?

please look graphic .
thanks in advance