Re: [TRNSYS-users] reg: Type34+type56

Hi Rajkumar,

The easiest way to explain you how to connect these two types is to use the wizard in the Studio for creating a new multizone-building simulation. One of the steps in the wizard is to indicate the characteristics of the external shading devices. Try running this wizard, and it will give you an better explanation than what I can do in words. But in general, Type34 gives you the total, beam and diffuse radiation that is shaded by the external devices. You have to connect the total and beam shaded radiation to Type56.

Can you give me idea?, how can I connect *TYPE34*(overhang shading) with *TYPE56 *?. I don't find any problem, when I link radiation processor (*TYPE16*) with *TYPE34. *I* *find problem, when I try to link *TYPE34 *with *TYPE56.* There is no extra inputs for windows in type56.

If you right-click on the icon for Type56, and select Edit Building, it will open the building description in TRNBuild. Once in TRNBuild, click on the window called 'Project', and click on the button 'Inputs'. You can add new inputs in this window.

However, for the case of 'Orientations' in the 'Project' window you can create new orientations when you click on 'Other'. When you create a new orientation, it creates three new inputs: total radiation, beam radiation, and incidence angle for beam radiation.

After you close TRNBuild, right click on the icon for Type56, and select 'Update building variable list'. Now you will have the list of your new inputs to type56.

Please let me know if you have additional questions.
Best regards,

Diego

For example, If want to shade window using overhang in south side of a building, how to generate inputs in *type56* to connect with outputs of *TYPE34.* ** Thanks in advance. With regards,
Rajkumar.S

S.Rajkumar,B.E.(Mech), M.Tech(Energy Engg.]
*Research Scholar,*
*C/O Prof.S.C.Kaushik & Dr.S.Garg,*
*Centre for Energy Studies,*
*IIT, NewDelhi - 110016*