Re: [TRNSYS-users] about weather file

Dear Rajkumar,

Meteonorm uses the TMY2 data standard. In the development of this standard, a Typical Meteorological Year (TMY) was determined, and this is the data that is stored in these files. This Typical Metereological Year was created month per month. This means that you may find that the data for January is from the data taken in 1995, because it was considered a typical January, and the data for February is from another year.

To find information on how the understand the format of the files and the development of typical meteorological years, please go to the web page: http://sel.me.wisc.edu/trnsys/ and click on 'Weather Data'. Then, click on 'TMY2 Data'.
I hope this helps,

Diego

RAJ KUMAR wrote:

Dear diego,

I am using weather files under the directory meteonorm for indian cities (eg.NewDelhi), but it is difficult to understand the file format. It is of year 1995 values, If I am correct.

Will you please explain the format of weather file?, Is it monthly mean hourly values? Please clarify me.

Regards,
Rajkumar.S,
Research scholar,
IITD,India