Re: [TRNSYS-users] glazing area in Prebid

Dear Caroline:

The area that you specify is the total area of the window, including frame. The window heat transfer coefficient (u-value) and energy exchanges are calculated taking into account the ratio of frame area to total area. Please refer to Volume 6-Multizone Building Modeling with Type56 and TRNBuild, part 2, section 2.2, for the description of the window model.
Best regards,

Diego

Caroline Hoffmann wrote:

Helo,

I was wondering about a simple thing: If I define in Prebid (not in the window library) the area for a window, do
I have to define the area for the whole window (glass + frame), or do I
define just the area of the glass?

Any hint would be appreciated,

regards,

Caroline