[TRNSYS-users] laminar flow in active layer

Dear trnsys users and type 56 developers,

I'd like to know if the in the active layer model the internal convective coefficient for water in the pipes is calculated according to the flow regime.
This isn't clear to me from the documentation (page 48 and 58 of the Type 56 user's manual),
since it seems that for the active layer only a turbulent flow correlation is used, while for the cooled ceiling layer turbulent and laminar flow correlation are both available.
For capillary systems, the flow regime is often laminar.

Many thanks

Adriana Angelotti

Adriana Angelotti, PhD
Politecnico di Milano
Dipartimento di Scienza e Tecnologie dell'Ambiente Costruito (Best)
v. Bonardi 3
20133 Milano, Italy
Ph    +39 02.2399.5183
Fax  +39 02.2399.5118