Re: [TRNSYS-users] How to add an external file to a user-created component?

Louise,
  A default name can be specified for the user by going to the "Files" tab in the Proforma. At the left is the field where you specify the question and at the right is the name of the parameter to which you want to attach the response of the question. If you click on the "more" button, you will be able to browse to locate the file that will become the default answer. Once you specify that question and its answer, the Studio will write the appropriate ASSIGN statement in the deck for you.
Kind regards,
  David

Louise St.Germain wrote:

Hello!

I’m building a new component in TRNSYS 16 – a wave energy converter whose internal structure is similar to that of type 90, the wind turbine. Like for the wind turbine, I want to have an external parameter file that can be specified in the “External Files” section of the component setup dialog (ie, the one with the tabs to define parameters, inputs, outputs, derivatives, external files, etc). How do I get it to expect an external file? In the proforma I see where I can specify a question for the user and a default path, but I don’t see how to make it appear in that setup dialog and (more importantly), have TRNSYS add it to the deck (right now I have to do it manually). If anyone knows, I’d love to hear from you!

Thanks,

-Louise

Louise St.Germain

Graduate Research Assistant